Monday 7 April 2008

CPS #59 Hybrid

I have been a busy bee today with my crafting. After setting up the kids at the kitchen table with some crafting stuff, I sat at my crafting table and started going through the challenges. I really did have my craft head on today, think it was because a friend came by to visit and use my cuttlebug.
This is my 3rd card of the day and it is for the challenge on CPS.
There challenge this week is to make a hybrid card (they explain all about hybrid on their blog).
I found a scrap kit on my computer that i had downloaded ages ago, brownies by happy-scrap.

I Printed the first backing paper directly onto my card stock, the rest i printed onto Asda value glossy photo paper ( this is my favourite photo paper to use as you don't leave finger prints on it). I digitally typed the sentiments onto the ribbon and journaling tag before i printed them out. I then sut out the various pieces and assembled the card as i normally would.

I have had various free scrap kits that i have downloaded for ages and never thought of using them on my cards like this but i am quite please with the results.

5 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Well done! I love the rich warm brown tones you have used!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Great card! I just love how you printed it on the glossy paper.

Lea L. said...

Great job!! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~Lea

Charity Hassel said...

glad you played along with the cps sketch and used some hybrid as well!- it turned out so nice!

staceykingman said...

I love how you did this! :) And the glossy paper is beautiful.